Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity.
1. Two women, who are 34 and 44 years old, were busted going to a vaccination site in Orange County, Florida dressed up as old ladies in bonnets and gloves to get the vaccine. Their SECOND dose. Which means their costumes most likely worked the first time around. They were both cited for trespassing and didn’t end up getting the shot.
2. The entire board for a school district in Contra Costa County, California has resigned after they started criticizing parents before a virtual meeting started, without realizing the feed was already live. (The video is on YouTube, but be warned there’s profanity.)
3. How stupid of a criminal is this? A guy robbed a gas station in St. Louis last week, but kept his mask around his chin instead of pulling it up over his face. So now the cops have a good look at him from the surveillance video.
4. An eight-year-old kid in California is going viral for figuring out a way to get around having to go to virtual school, she figured out if she entered her password wrong into Zoom 20 times, she’d get locked out. So she did that for WEEKS until she was caught.
5. A new study found people who wear glasses are three times less likely to catch Covid. The main reason: They don’t touch their eyes as much.
6. A county commissioner in Manatee County, Florida has apologized after she created a VIP list for people to receive the Covid vaccine, only included people from two wealthy ZIP codes, and put her own name on the list.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 57,198, with 1,245 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 28.7 million, with more than 511,000 deaths, and more than 18.9 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 111.9 million, with more than 2.4 million deaths, and more than 87.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.